Westbury is a village located in Nassau County, Long Island, New York. It is within the Town of North Hempstead.

The village history started when Captain J. Seaman bought 12,000 acres from the Algonquian Tribe of the Massapequa Indians in 1657. The community was named after a town in Wiltshire, England by an English Quaker, Henry Willis. In 1658, also an English Quaker, Edmond Titus and his son, Samuel settled in the area together with Richard Stites and his family. Many Quaker families were also seeking a place to freely express their religious beliefs joined the Tituses and Willises. In the late 19th century, the village moved its agricultural setting began to settle and build mansions. The area is now known as Old Westbury. The village was incorporated in 1932.